Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Refreshing Your Maxi Skirt

Maxi skirts became popular a few seasons ago and...I'm pretty much over them now. 
Since I still have this black one with a long side slit I decided I would give it another chance but refresh it and make it look a little less basic. 
March is the perfect time to experiment with typically summer clothing, and mix said pieces with winter ones (hence the knit turtleneck).  
Pairing the black maxi skirt with my grey knit sweater added contrast to the skirt. Accessorizing with thigh high heeled boots and adding an architectural drop earring gave my skirt a whole new "cooler" vibe. 
Other ways to update and refresh your maxi skirt include wearing one with a blazer and a statement heel or bag for a polished and sophisticated take. Another way would be to throw on a leather jacket and white running shoes for an edgier cool girl vibe. 






















Earring: Zara (Same)
Sweater: M for Mendocino (differentsimilar)
Skirt: Brandy Melville (similar
Boots: Asos (similar)

3 comments:

  1. Lovely outfit! Maxi skirts are everything and I honestly love how you paired yours so nicely with your sweater and those amazing boots!
    Hearts from www.shebebutfierce.com XOX

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think
xo