Thursday, March 5, 2015

Little Black Tie

In November I got a navy dress from Zara that had a neck tie which is what I really liked about the dress. The neck tie is what also made the dress a little bit different to style. I had always wanted to try the classic french twist hair style but if done with that dress I thought I would end up looking like a flight attendant. Instead of going for the french twist I channeled my favourite fashion decade, the 60's. I wore my hair straight parted to the side with a "pouf" in the back, and a very bold smokey eye.  To accessorize I wore the short dress thigh high boots. I had the front of the dress shortened in the so that a little bit of thigh was visible so the boots didn't just look like heels with tights. I didn't look like a flight attendant at all!
Now here is the sad part ...
I was doing laundry last month and as the inexperienced laundress I am I shrunk my dress into a weird fitting tight shirt. Since my favourite part of the dress - the neck tie was still okay I cut it off the dress and voila I wore it today with a T-shirt. 


A blurry photo of this now shirt
Zara 


Tie: Zara
Shirt: Aritzia
Vest: Skies are Blue
Jeans: American Eagle
Shoes: Topshop
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think
xo